Thursday, September 10, 2009

Cooper's 1st day of kindergarten

My big boy on his first day of Kindergarten.
(Sorta, explaination below)
And of course little brother had to get in a picture too.
Okay, so here is where the drama begins. Last week, Sept.4 (Thursday) I hadn't heard anything from the school except from the transportation dept. telling us that Cooper would be picked up on the 9th at 8:20 am. No probs. Then, Tuesday at the open house Ms. Shaw told us that the kindergartners would not have school until the 10th. So, thinking that because he was in a different class, she said to send Cooper on the 9th if that is what the bus driver told us. All these pictures were taken on the 9th. This is my boy, looking for the bus anxiously, and starting to get worried. We waited for 30 minutes, the bus never came. And so, I called transportation, and they told me that he wasn't being picked up today. Why would they tell me one thing and do something completely different. I probably should have figured it out and waited an extra day, but I didn't want the bus to come and him not be there. Hmm. Lesson learned. We went into the apartment, and we both cried. Cooper because of disappointment, and me because it broke my heart to see it. We changed his school clothes and went on with our day as best as possible.
Dressed in the same clean outfit, we tried again today. His REAL first day! As the pick-up time came and went my heart sank and Cooper's confidence in the bus actually coming this time was sinking. You can tell on his face. I just kept praying, literally, that it would come so I wouldn't have to see my boy sad again.

Alas it arrived! (only 15 mins. late)
Cooper's face was gleaming with the excitement of yesterday! And I was silently saying a quick prayer of gratitude as
I gave him a hug and kiss goodbye.
While getting on the bus, he turned around and said to me,
"One more picture, mom."
As I watched the bus drive away, a few tears started to well up. Immediately extinguish by the need to console Logan, who was crying hysterically, (with real tears) saying,
" I want to ride the bus too!"
" I want to go with Cooper!"

Does the drama ever end?

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What cute school pics! Glad it finally worked out!