Today Cooper, Logan and I went to the Top Foods in Lakeland Hills with his Pre-School class. I think this was Cooper's favorite so far. He loved it! When we arrived one of the managers gave each child a grocery bag to carry. We went through the whole store, talking about where food is grown or what animal produces it. Cooper & Logan collected a fortune cookie, flavored bottle water, a banana, a cookie (which they all ate on the spot), and a piece of candy! It was really cool to be able to go in the back to the recieving area, storage, Freezer ( 10 degrees!), and the cooler. I think the cutest thing one of the kids said, happened near the wine area. The manager asked if anyone knew where wine came from, one little girl said, it's alcohol. The manager told her that yes it was alcohol, but wine comes from grapes. The little girl told her ," Alcohol is bad for you." Everyone laughed, but secretly I was thinking "you go girl!" We finished upstairs in a little room decorating cupcakes. Is anyone surprised that the sprinkles and confetti decorations were being eaten at the same time?
Friday, March 21, 2008
Field Trip to Top Food in Lakeland Hills
Posted by the twiddyfam around 4:09 PM
Labels: family, field trip, kids
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment