The following is a short story as told by Ms. Deanna, Cooper's Pre-K teacher....
The preschoolers are singing "Shoo fly, don't bother me. Shoo fly, don't bother me, shoo fly, don't bother me. I'll tell you want I want to be." All the kids are motioning shooing the fly. Then the song continues "I crawl, I crawl, I crawl like a bear." All the preschoolers except Cooper get on the ground and start crawling around. Cooper is still standing, but now he is holding something very imaginary, but oh so very treasured to him. I asked him what he is holding. "The fly. I caught him." Cooper continued to proudly hold the fly until the song was over. When we started the next song, he wanted to put the fly in his pocket so it would be safe. We helped him open his pocket and carefully, I mean CAREFULLY, put the fly inside. All day I kept thinking what is Sunny going to think when Cooper gets home and carefully takes an imaginary fly out of his pocket.
Thank you Ms. Deanna! I did wonder why he was saying "shoo" to me...now I know.


0 comments:
Post a Comment