Tonight we went to our first Hockey game! James' Aunt Freda is a member of a Forresters group, and often invites us to fun events. Last year we went to a Seattle Sonics game, this year we went to the Seattle Thunderbirds. The boys loved it. Before the game we walked around the meeting all the local mascots from various businesses and of course we had to get a picture with the team mascot, Cool Bird. Honestly, I didn't really know what to expect at a hockey game. (I half expected to see alot of fights, there was one, but it was small and short.) I know the basics of the sport, but not to where I know what every call/penalty means. I know a good pounding into the wall when I see one, and I know what a Zambonie is. If fact, during one of the time-outs there was a dance contest to win a ride on one during the first intermission. As most of you probably don't know, a ride on a zambonie is on my bucket list. Don't know why, just wanna do it. I didn't win this time, but now that I know what I have to do to win, next time, I might have a shot.
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Our 1st Hockey Game!
After that Logan kept asking, " Where's the amimals go?" and saying " I want the amimals back!" We had so much fun, but by the middle of the 3rd period Cooper was ready to go home. I'm glad we stayed the whole time, because we scored one last goal with 20 seconds left in the game. It was kinda funny because for some reason or another, Portland decided to change golies, and one of our players scored with a wide open net.
The boys' attention is always on the action, and not the camera. Oh Well. At least we all had fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh my goodness, that would be so much fun to go to a hockey game! Looks like you guys had a good time w/ the mascot as well. I would only worry about other fans (out of control/drunk/naughty words speaking.) I went to a hockey game forever ago I think on a date and although I remember it being a lot of fun, there were some major potty mouths behind us, sounds like you guys did well though...fun pics!
We should get you at a derby bout. There's not actually fights, except in that the whole thing is kind of like a fight :)
Post a Comment