Saturday, February 23, 2008

Cooper's 1st Cast, Hopefully the last!

Here's a picture of Cooper's hand on Wednesday evening. Lovely shade of black and blue don't you think?

Cooper went to the Orthopedic Dr. @ Mary Bridge, Friday. Dr. Silas determined there was a fracture at the bottom of the thumb. We lucked out and it doesn't affect the growth plate. Cooper was able to pick out the color of his cast. He chose pink, but after some encouragement he decided he liked the bright green. He was such a good boy for the technicians. The x-ray tech was impressed at how he knew how to hold his hand. He had walked right in and put his hand on the table.
The cast nurse, was really impressed too. James and I were impressed that he let her put the sock and cotton on without a fight. He was really involved and curious what she was doing.
Logan was a little concerned for brother and I should have taken a picture of his face.
What a good boy Cooper! I told the Doctor that I was grateful that she actually did something other than refer us to someone else.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Poor Cooper. I am glad that he finally got a doctor who figured out what was really going on with him. Heavenly Father loves ALL of His children.

Parkin Family said...

It looks like Cooper was a big boy. I can't believe he got a cast already. I'm glad they were able to get him put back together and on the recovery road.