Friday, April 18, 2008

Swimming @ the Federal Way Aquatic Center

Today Coopers class had it's fieldtrip at the Goodwill games pool in Federal Way. I had no idea what to expect as I've never been there. James really wanted to go to this one, he took a couple hours off of work and we had a great time as a family.
There was a pirate ship surrounded by the wade pool. It had the appearance like a beach. The pool itself was awesome. The kids walked into it, and it progressively got deeper. On the other side of the ship it was about 3.5 ft. deep and a bucket of water dumped in the pool every so often. Cooper loved waiting for it to dump on him.

I was really surprised that Cooper did so well. The last time we took him to the wade swim at the YMCA he totally freaked out. Today he didn't want to leave.

Logan was a little perturbed that he couldn't go swimming. Dr. said he had a little fluid in his ears that might possiblely turn into an ear infection. I didn't want to take any chances. Crabby baby with molars coming in is all I could handle at the moment.


We did however find a little ship for him to play in while Dad & Cooper were swimming. And he was content if he didn't see them out in the pool.

After swimming we went to McDonalds and had lunch. Logan was asleep in my arms for about 10 to 15 minutes while we ate. Grama Jeanenne and Aunty Freda met us there. After we ate, Grama went on the toys with Cooper. I wish I would have taken my camera in the restaurant.

3 comments:

Greg & Jen said...

Looks like a fun place... I'm glad that James was able to take a couple hours off. It's nice to do things as a family. We'll have to check it out some day.

Aimee said...

Poor little Logan. He looks so upset that he couldn't go into the water but I am glad that he found the pirate ship to play in.
Cooper looks so big in the pool!!!!! I can't believe how big he is.

skye said...

Glad to see you guys are all doing well! Good luck on the house hunt. Hope you find what you want! :)