
Today we made our annual pilgramage to the Puyallup Fair. The weather was perfect, the crowds were minimal, and the kids were well behaved.

After driving around for only 15 minutes we found a parking spot 4 blocks from the fair. This morning the only thing that got Cooper out of bed was the prospect of seeing cows, horses, and pigs. So when we finally got to the fairgrounds he was really really excited.

This year we decided to do all the mommy/daddy stuff first, so that we could just maybe enjoy ourselves a little bit too. Cooper found the biggest pumpkin at the fair, weighing 1,094 pounds. "Look a big one!"
We ran into Grama Nina, Great-Grama Teresa and Aunty Ruth.

Don't know who that guy is, but it's the only picture I had with Cooper looking at the camera. Cooper was really good and didn't run off. Unless he saw his Grama.

While waiting for our lunch, Cooper found Aunty Aimee. We ended up spending most of the afternoon with Karl, Aimee, and Tyler.
Cooper was a cutie. I had to take this picture. For some reason, he wouldn't eat. He wanted to look at the cows, RIGHT NOW!

Finally the time came to go to the Cows. LOGAN LOVED THE COWS. He would bend over with his hands on his knees and pucker his lips and say, loudly, "Mooooooooo!" Then wave, and say "Bye-Bye!" Proceeding to the next cow and repeating the same process all the way
through the barn.

Next it was onto the Pigs. Every year there are only 2 thing I Have to see. 1. Baby Pigs 2. Baby Chicks. That's all I ask. It's not much.


Most important stop of the day...
Hand washing station!
We made two stops, heres, one. I didn't take pictures at the other.

We tried to go and see the Monkey show, but it was way crowded by the time we got there. Cooper couldn't even see from Aimee's shoulders.

Logan and Tyler could care less, they were just having fun being together.

We tried to see the dogs, but there were none. We tried to see the draft horses, but they were roped off because their event was starting. Sooo, we had to make deal with the rabbits and poultry barn.


I found this sign completely hilarious posted next to the turkey.
"I bite hard."
I think the highlight of our animal tour came when we went to the petting farm. The boys both loved it. I couldn't get a good picture of Cooper, he was moving around too fast.

I think Logan really liked the chance to be around smaller animals. This is his first time ever in an actual one on one with goats, rabbits, and sheep.

Our next point of interest was James' favorite.

The Outdoor recreation building.

Here's Cooper doing his bear rug impression.

James always likes anything to do with the outdoors. Recently he has taken up fishing, and today he wanted to take Cooper to the fish pond here at the fair. What kind of family outing would it be if I didn't get a picture of a tattoo on one of my children.

Cooper was so patient standing in line. James on the other hand was disappointed that he couldn't go up there with him. But capturing a big smile on Cooper's face while fishing was worth it. Cooper did catch a fish, but it got away. After that, he wasn't really into fishing anymore.

Our trip wouldn't be complete without a trip to the firestation.

My little fire men.
Finally it was time to head back to the car. It took us nearly a half of an hour to leave the fair. Cooper wanted a corn dog and water, and James wanted to check his raffle ticket again.
Even outside the fair we couldn't resist a goodie. After all it was hot, and a shaved ice tasted sooo good on our walk back to the car.

We had fun at the fair. James and I are thinking about heading back by ourselves. Just so we can relax and enjoy the fair as adults.
1 comments:
I totally miss not being able to go to the Puyallup! Looks like you guys had a great time. The pic with Tyler and Logan was way cute!
Post a Comment