Friday, September 26, 2008

Little Moments...

I cherish the little moments we have as a family and the love we have for each other, even the not so fun moments. If you're a mom you know those moments. "NO!" "I don't want to go to bed!" " I don't want to eat dinner!" The 30 minute freak out sessions at the doctor, etc. etc. Those moments where you find yourself at the end of your emotional rope. Then, out of nowhere the littlest smile or laugh that melts your heart and makes everything worth it. A mother's love is so intense, that sometimes it hurts. This week I'm trying to enjoy every moment I have with my kids. Here are a few my favorite moments from this summer and from this week.
1- Cooper attempting to cook Mac-n-Cheese by himself. He had all the dry ingredients in the fry pan, and was just about to pour the milk when I caught him. He looked up at me and said, " I'm Cooking!" I had to stop and laugh, wish I had a camera then.
2- I was in Montana, on the most beautiful lake in the world, talking to James on my cell, when he put Logan on the phone, " Hi, Mama!" I took an earlier flight home the next day.
3-Previously mentioned in my "Sunday Best" Post.
4- Every school morning, going into the boys' room, opening the blinds, and waiting quietly for them to wake up, at their own pace, with smiles and loves for mama.
5-Every night having family prayer, sometimes Cooper says the prayer, sometimes Logan. But everyone is there together.
Sometimes things happen in the lives of others that help us appreciate the lives that we have. I just want to appreciate what I have without having to be reminded.

1 comments:

Aimee said...

I love the idea that you have posted the favorite times with your family.