Thursday, October 23, 2008

2008 Pumpkin Patch visit

Today was our annual pilgramage to the Pumpkin Patch. We went to the Scholtz Farm in Orting. We really lucked out with the weather, as it had rained all morning and threatened our whole trip. I bundled everyone up, got out the extra set of rainboots for MacKenzie, and headed out right after Cooper got off the school bus. I actually got a little nervous wondering how in the world I was going to take 3 toddlers to a farm. Luckily, my friend Kati came along with us, and made it somewhat easy. Once we got to the farm they wanted to play with all the toys on the sawdust hill. It was fun watching them run around and play with the different toys.
The great thing about the Scholtz farm is that it allows the kids to get close to the animals. Of course, the cows were the highlight for Logan. However, he thought the pigs were pretty funny.

Moooo!
Corn Maze The corn maze at the farm was really simple and easy. Naturally we had to stop and take a silly picture with Snow White and her Dwarfs. Logan actually stood still long enough for me to snap the picture. The kids really enjoyed the maze. This years' theme was Peter Pan, they had little activities for the kids to do along the way. The trick was keeping the kids within eyesight.Cooper was our fearless leader. Making sure everyone knew which way to go, but still, thankfully, listening for me to have him slow down or stop. The end was insight and it was time to go and get our pumpkin!
It was time to let the kids loose and let them find our pumpkin. Logan really really liked running through the patch and trying to climb over the pumpkins.
Somehow I managed to get a shot of me and my pumpkins.
Can you tell I'm having FUN ??!!!! They have this tractor sitting in the middle of the patch. Perfect for photo ops. I couldn't lift Cooper up, but MacKenzie and Logan went for a "drive".It was now time to get down to some serious business. Finding the perfect pumpkin.


After much ado about pumpkins we found ours for this year.

We'll reveal the pumpkin after it's carved.


4 comments:

Greg & Jen said...

We like Sholtz Farm. I think we may go back there next year. We've always seemed to find great pumpkins there and it entertains the kids...

twiddyfam said...

You're right the pumpkins are good there. I think when the kids are a little bigger we'll go to the Spooner farm up the road. I saw on another blog they had more grown up kids activities and a pumpkin catapult JT might like.

Anonymous said...

I love the Scholtz farm! We got to go there when Jessa was in Preschool. It sure looks like guys had a great time.

Parkin Family said...

Wow! What an amazing pumkin patch!