Monday, October 27, 2008

The Gutting & The Cutting

We spilt up the pumpkin process into two groups. The Gutting & The Cutting. This afternoon MacKenzie, Logan and I gutted the pumpkin and cleaned it out. Cooper didn't want to help this year, but Logan was all over it. He wouldn't touch the insides but he wanted to use the spoon and 'help mom'. Mac was our designated goo picker upper.


For Family Night we carved the pumpkin. Logan keeps calling the pumpkin "tree!" I think it's just easier for him to say. He really wanted to help daddy carve.
So in order to keep him safe from the knife, we gave him the scoop.
If you haven't carved your pumpkin yet, here's a great website to get some ideas:
http://www.dltk-holidays.com/halloween/mpatterns.htm

I get almost all my craft ideas from this site, check it out!
Finally, the finished Pumpkin!
The boys really liked it when we lit the candle.
Cooper finally getting involved in the process.


2 comments:

Parkin Family said...

Love the carving!

Anonymous said...

Hi the kids are growing to fast. I wish I lived closer so I could get to know them better.
Thats a great pumpkin.

Love you Sunny
Love Grama xxxooo