Saturday, December 6, 2008

Our Charlie Brown Christmas Tree!

When James and I were first married my mom gave us this little tree, for our even smaller apartment. I let my wonderful mother-in-law use it after we got our big tree. (I prefer artifical to real). Last year I didn't want to put up a Christmas tree. Logan was crawling and I was going to through a claustrophobic stage with our apartment. It would have cluttered our living room. The thought of having it in our apartment again this year, made me cringe. No, I'm not a Grinch, I just don't have any room. So this year my mother said, "You have two little boys, you need a tree." Fortunately, Grama Nina still had this one and let me have it back. It's the right size and it already has lights on! Today, mom asked me if I put up our tree. I responded by saying,
"Yup, it's sitting on my dining room table."
I had forgotton the joys of a tree. Especially to children. The minute I put the tree on the table and plugged it in, Logan's little eyes lit up, and Cooper was beaming ear to ear. I wasn't able to take any pictures of the decorating, but Cooper and Logan were my big helpers and they did an awesome job.
When James came home from hunting he was thrilled to see a Christmas tree for the first time in 2 years.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I identify with the claustrophobia- we are trying to figure out where to put a tree in our little house! Cute tree, though.

When my friend was in a tiny apartment, she did a tree outline in lights on her wall! You do whatever works.

Rachael said...

We have a similar tree tucked into our closet, as Chris prefers a real tree. We used it the year Stinky was born, and it was the only year our ornaments didn't look overwhelmed by the tree!